Why Choose Us
Northern Suburbs Memorial Gardens and Crematorium is the most historic, beautiful and tranquil place on Sydney's North Shore and has been a place where families have been able to come to commemorate and celebrate their past and connections ever since 1933. We are open seven days a week, from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm and from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm during daylight savings.
We have four charming and historic chapels, each one a respectful and fitting place to hold a funeral service. Each chapel has up to date AV equipment so you can display the pictures, presentations, videos and play the music that will mean so much to you and your guests. Organs are also available for the playing of traditional hymns.
You can view our chapels on our virtual tour; each one has a different ambience, giving you a real choice of venues.
Additional chapel information
- Webstreaming of funeral services is available, allowing friends and family members who aren't able to attend the service to still be able to share in the emotion and sentiment of the service.
- Our East Chapel was blessed over 20 years ago by Father Kevin O'Grady of the North Ryde Parish. This blessing makes the chapel a revered place, which offers additional comfort to Catholic families.
The Northern Suburbs Function Centre is the premier venue to host an after funeral function anywhere on Sydney's North Shore. Completed in 2012, this stunning addition to our grounds blends effortlessly with our award-winning gardens and offers a variety of spaces for functions.
When you have a funeral in one of our chapels, having the function at our new centre provides your guests with the seamless convenience of already being in the right place. With our ample on-site parking, your guests will be able to share time together without stress.
We also take bookings for separate functions so if you have had a funeral service elsewhere, our function centre is still available to complement the funeral you have arranged. Contact us on 9887 2033 to make enquiries.
You can view our After Funeral Function Centre on our virtual tour.
Located in our Administration Centre, our Concierge is available to help all guests to Northern Suburbs Memorial Gardens. Our Concierge can assist you by:
- locating a loved one memorialised on our grounds
- giving you directions to a chapel to attend a funeral service
- answering general questions about Northern Suburbs Memorial Gardens, and
- making an appointment with a Family Service Advisor for a tour of the grounds and to discuss memorialisation.
The Concierge Office is open 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday and from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays, and can be reached on 9887 2033. If there are any other ways our Concierge can assist you, just come in and ask.
Northern Suburbs Memorial Gardens and Crematorium offers a wide range of memorials, including many affordable options. Information on our product range is available, including the ongoing maintenance we provide to all the memorials within our grounds.